Years ago, I was in Chicago, Illinois attending a "Gospel Coach" conference led by Scott Thomas. That two day conference forever changed my life, marriage, and ministry. After 20 years of ministry experience, I can honestly say it has been one of the most powerful spiritual markers of my life. As a certified Gospel Coach, I have had the privilege of coaching numerous pastors and planters over the last two years.
There is an incredible need for personal coaching and leadership development. Many leaders find themselves stuck, unable to grow and develop personally and vocationally.
3 Reasons Coaching is Beneficial:
Coaching provides insight and input into how others see us and how we fail to see ourselves. It is difficult to lead effectively when those you lead perceive you differently, than you perceive yourself. Who has permission to adjust your self-perception?
We are all in one of three places: We are growing and moving forward, we are losing ground and going backwards, or the most dangerous, we are stagnant and don’t even realize it. Coaching is not magic, only you can be responsible for you, but more often than not coaching is a catalyst for development and growth in the life of the leader.
Impulsive decisions were one of my greatest leadership deficiencies during my first four years as a lead pastor. I am convinced that had I been coached, the experience would have enabled me to be a far more effective leader and decision maker. Coaching provides a listening ear and sounding board. Good coaching helps the leader by asking questions, listening, and giving input.
Entering into a coaching relationship is one of the most strategic decisions a leader will make. Through self-discovery, leadership development, and discernment a leader begins a journey of purposeful growth. Stop lamenting your current circumstances; enlist a coach for your good and God’s glory.
Coaching Description and Contract
- Coaching is an ongoing relationship between a coach and a client. The opportunity for growth and success for the coaching client dramatically increases because changing habits and creating possibilities is a process.
- Coaching is a structure that facilitates the process of personal, professional and / or spiritual development. The Client and Coach agree that the coaching relationship will be designed together.
- Coaching is for individuals who are emotionally and psychologically healthy and who want to make changes and move forward in their lives. Coaching is not advice, therapy or counseling.
- By entering this relationship, the Coach and Client acknowledge that the Client wants to make significant progress and change in his/her life. Because progress and change happen at rates that are unique to each individual, the Coach and client commit to working with each other for an initial four to eight-month period. This allows the coaching relationship necessary time to develop and progress through objectives, obstacles and successes that occur.
COACHING SESSION PROCEDURES:
- ·The first introductory coaching session is a free thirty (30) minute ZOOM Video/Phone call to assesses the clients desired outcomes and overview the coaching relationship and expectations.
- Coaching sessions will be created for the client addressing desired outcomes in a four (4) to eight (8) month coaching developmental plan.
- Coaching Scripts containing assignments and instructions will be provided thirty (30) days prior to each coaching appointment.
- Clients are expected to have all assignments completed before each coaching appointment.
- All coaching sessions are conducted via ZOOM Video unless otherwise arranged with the Coach.
- Five minutes prior to the scheduled appointment time, the Client agrees to be online via ZOOM using the provided link. The Coach and client commit to start and finish each session on time. If the client is more than 10 minutes late for a coaching session, the Coach will assume the session is cancelled and the client will forfeit the session fee.
- Rescheduling a coaching session is easily done with appropriate notice. Please allow for at least 24 hours notice to appointment changes.
- In between coaching sessions, the client may feel free to e‐mail the Coach. Calls made between the scheduled calls are permissible and based on availability; the parties agree to keep the calls to 5 minutes or less.
- The coaching relationship is built on trust. The Coach agrees to keep all conversations and information with the Client private and confidential. No personal ideas, information or thoughts expressed will be shared with anyone except with the permission of the Client.
- No Fee for SEND Network church planters.
- No Fee for SBC Pastors. There are 4 open slots per semester.
- 4 Month Commitment – The Client receives four (4) 60 minute coaching sessions. $450
- 8 Month Commitment- The Client receives eight (8) 60 minute coaching sessions. $800
Fees are non-refundable and paid in advance or on the first meeting.
For information or to set up an initial Coaching interview email gwrossnola@gmailcom.