Send New Orleans Top 10 Prayer Requests
1. Pray for a church planting movement to take place in New Orleans and South Louisiana. Only 11% of the New Orleans Metro population identify as an evangelical. Pray for church plants move beyond the barrier of 100 in attendance and see fruitful growth through baptisms and disciple-making,
2. Pray for church planters and their families as they are on the front lines of pushing back lostness in the midst of intense spiritual darkness. New Orleans has a long history of being a very spiritually dark place. This is a real battle felt by planters and pastors across the city. Pray that the city “that care forgot” will be transformed by the gospel of Jesus Christ.
3. Pray for efforts to discover, develop and deploy church planters across New Orleans and South Louisiana. Pray specifically for our work with New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary (NOBTS), as we are implementing the NOBTS/North American Mission Board Multiplication Pipeline to assist us in developing new planters and team members.
4. Pray for us to mobilize more churches to partner with Send New Orleans through prayer, participation and provision. We would like to see every church plant with multiple support partners that are committed to the planter and the city.
5. Pray that more Christians will engage adoption and foster care needs in New Orleans as part of our Send Relief efforts. (At any given time, there are more than 400 children in foster care in New Orleans.)
6. Pray for the intentional efforts to cultivate awareness to the incredible hardship and sacrifice that planters encounter in New Orleans. Currently, we have the dubious distinction of having one the largest per-capita violoent crime rates for a U.S. city.
7. Pray that we will effectively engage in the fight against poverty though our partnership with Send Relief. New Orleans has the largest population of children (39%) living in poverty in the U.S. and an overall poverty rate of 27%.
8. Pray that we will find covocational church planters with high capacity leadership to plant churches in New Orleans. These planters intentionally serve in a career outside of the church while also serving as the planter of a church.
9. Pray for New Orleans church planters and their families by name. Find their names and locations by exploring the map found at www.namb.net/send_city/new-orleans.
10. Pray for our most pressing Church Planting needs:
A Vietnamese planter for the 13-14k Vietnamese population currently without any evangelical work
A church plant for the Uptown/Tulane/Irish Channel neighborhoods of New Orleans
A Hispanic church plant in central Metairie, East New Orleans, and Luling
A Muslim/Arabic-background planter for the 10-15k Arabic speakers in New Orleans
A church plant in the CBD/Warehouse district of New Orleans
A church plant for the 9th Ward and Central City neighborhoods of New Orleans
A church plant for the Terrytown community on the Westbank
A church plant for the Belle Chasse community on the Westbank